HORSEBACK TO THE PLANE OF URUGUAYANS (ALIVE)
Describe your image
Describe your image
Departure dates: CONSULT
Meeting place: Club Andino Pehuenche Hostel. Los Molles. Mendoza.
Duration of the program: 5 days, 4 nights.
Price per person: consult
The accident of flight 571 of the Uruguayan Air Force, popularly known as the "Miracle of the Andes", occurred on October 13, 1972, when the military plane with 40 passengers and five crews carried the Old Christians Rugby team, made up of students of the Uruguayan school Stella Maris. The plane crashed into a cliff in the Andes mountain range in Mendoza, Argentina, at 3,500 meters above sea level, en route to Santiago de Chile. Our Journey to the "AVIÓN DE LOS URUGUAYOS" will take you to the heart of the events and the Andes ". This fact is known and remembered for his book and his film "VIVEN", where these heroes spent more than 70 days in the high mountains fighting to survive ...
ACTIVITIES AND SERVICES PACKAGE THAT INCLUDES OUR EXCURSION:
• Reception at Pehuenche Hostel, Los Molles
• Checking the material and clothing.
• Transfer to the El Sosneado area.
• Drinks and meals in camp and during the march.
• Bathroom service. • Guided and specialized baqueanos.
• Mules for transporting cargo.
• First aid kit.
• Liability insurance.
• Permit to enter the Atuel Basin.
• 2 nights accommodation at Pehuenche Hostel, with full board, without drinks.
• 3 days of horseback riding.
• 2 nights of accommodation in the mountains with full board.
• Food and drinks during the ride, activities.
• Complete equipment for the ride: horses, saddles and cargo mules.
• Satellite communication in case of emergencies.
Los Molles Hostels Team awaits you in Los Molles. Our experienced guides will be waiting to meet you and accompany you throughout this unforgettable Excursion / Adventure ... Dinner and overnight at the Hostel.
Breakfast and departure from the Club Andino Pehuenche to El Puesto Araya. Lunch cold meats. Selection of horses with the help of guides and baqueanos for each passenger and start of the ride. Then at the overnight place, "Tres Lagunas" at 2800 mts. near the confluence of the Arroyo Barroso and Lágrimas, among all the members of the group we set up the camp and prepared the “beds”, part of the saddle, sleeping bag and blankets. In turn, the guide assistant prepares the fire to cook a good barbecue. The night will be under the stars, stove and guitar and the silence of the Andes.
Breakfast. Departure to the Memorial Cross. Arrival at 2:00 p.m. Height reached 3,700 meters. Tour of the place. Cold lunch. Return to Tres Lagunas camp. Snack. Dinner. Overnight.
Breakfast. Disarm camp. Transfer to Club Andino Pehuenche Hostel for restorative shower and farewell dinner.
Breakfast. End of our services. IMPORTANT: During the entire expedition we carry the necessary equipment to carry out the camps along our route. (The tents are part of our equipment). Many of our clients choose to sleep in tents and another under the open sky. The experience of sleeping under the open sky is an option that many of our clients choose to do within the tour. * The tour may vary according to weather conditions.
During the entire expedition we carry the necessary equipment to carry out the camps along our route. (The tents are part of our equipment). Many of our clients choose to sleep in tents and another under the open sky. The experience of sleeping under the open sky is an option that many of our clients choose to do within the tour. * The tour may vary according to weather conditions.
Equipment and clothing:
What do I need to bring to a horseback ride? *
• Sleeping bag suitable for -10º. • Hat with chinstrap (these are the strips to be able to tie the hat around the neck so that it does not blow away with the wind). • Rain coat. Unlike a waterproof jacket, these are spacious, they not only protect us, they also cover the saddlebags and the saddle. • Two changes of clothes. We recommend field pants or loose pants. It is better to travel with shirts and not with round neck T-shirts, the former protect us more from the sun. It is convenient to carry several thin coats and instead of just one very thick one. The fleece coats are very suitable, ideal for any season. • A warm shirt, leggings or long johns. • Warm jacket and / or poncho. • Wool cap. • Neck scarf, scarf and gardening gloves. • Swimsuit and shorts. • Sneakers and espadrilles. For riding, very wide shoes are not suitable, such as boots, they can get caught in the stirrup. Those who are used to it, can wear riding boots. The shoes must be waterproof. • Personal medications. • Insect repellent. • No vaccination is mandatory in the area. However, as for any outdoor activity, we suggest getting a tetanus shot. • Personal hygiene items (you can also bring wet wipes) and a small towel. Sun and lip protector. • Sunglasses with fasteners (optional). • Mining lantern, lantern that is attached to the head by means of a headband. • Binoculars (optional), jug, plate and cutlery. • Camera, batteries (not rechargeable) and several rolls of photos or memories - for digital cameras (we recommend 3 of 36). Services not included: • Air and / or bus to or from the meeting point in Los Molles. • Transfers from the San Rafael or Mendoza airport to Los Molles, or vice versa. • Drinks or extras requested at the Hostel and / or its restaurant.
IMPORTANT: THE ROUTE / ITINERARY IS SUBJECT TO THE WEATHER CONDITION AND SAFETY OF THE CLIENTS / RIDERS. THE ITINERARY MAY SUFFER MODIFICATIONS DEPENDING ON THE WEATHER.